RE: Dishwasher issues

To: "Jim Franklin" <jamesf@groupwbench.org>, "shop-talk Talk"
Subject: RE: Dishwasher issues
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 11:31:36 -0800
> It appears that
> whatever changes the water flow between racks is broken, but I have
> no idea what this would be.

>From the diagrams, looks like it has to be inside the main motor/pump assembly.
The phrase "The spray arm's operation is alternated by small pauses of the
motor" implies to me that the valve flips state every time the water flow
starts.  I'm guessing that big check ball (#58 in the parts diagrams) has
something to do with it.

Time to remove the dishwasher from the counter (if you haven't already), then
remove the motor/pump assembly and have it apart.  I'm guessing you'll find some
sort of debris blocking whatever the upper/lower valve is.

Randall