Re: Dishwasher issues

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dishwasher issues
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:37:50 -0500
At 12:28 PM 12/25/2006 -0500, you wrote:

>I have a Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher whose upper spray arm has
>stopped working. It's fed from a channel that runs up the side & over
>to the center of the top of the DW, directing a stream of water into
>a funnel on top of the upper arm which makes it spin & spray. Even on
>"Upper rack only" setting, the lower rack is active.....

Jim,

I agree with Inch, it could be a clog.  Check the riser tube that feeds the
upper spray bar, and also check the holes in the top spray bar.  If these
get clogged, it won't turn.

If that's not the problem, I'd suspect that the valve that attaches to the
riser tube could be malfunctioning.  From the online manual, that would be
part #60, but it's called drain pump assbly.  If that's not the part, there
has to be some sort of solenoid to control the water flow between the 2
spray arms.  The problem could be:

1. a bad solenoid in the valve - probably require replacing the valve,
2. Bad signal from the controler
3. clogged or dirty seat in the valve.

Hope this helps.

John