RE: parts washer filtering

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: parts washer filtering
From: Richard Beels <beels@technologist.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 18:34:33 -0400
Does the filter do anything for the grease/dissolved crap in the
agitene or does it just filter particulate?

That's the one disadvantage to the filter that I can think of......

The water is something I've considered but I have a tank style, not
the sink on a barrel style you have (if I'm remembering
correctly).  I really like being able to just drop something in the
tank and let it sit for a week (month....) and let time do the job for me....

Maybe I'll build a new washer with a sink on a barrel and make sure I
put in a drain stopper....   :-)

At 6/8/2007 at 06:22, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Gil Fuqua's
keyboard and said:
>I plumbed in a filter in the output of the pump.  I used a spin on
>oil filter adapter and then use large hydraulic filters - usually
>about 10-20 micron.  I have purchased the filters in bulk on eBay
>for very little.
>
>This arrangement works fine.  It takes out a lot of the particulate junk.
>
>If you are using a solvent based cleaner, you can add about 25%
>water to the solution.  The pump intake should be above the water
>line.  Since the solvent floats on top of the water, the heavier
>particulates will fall to the bottom and remain in the water.  I
>have found this also helps with the solution staying cleaner.
>
>Gil Fuqua

Cheers!