Re: [Shop-talk] Parts Washers

To: <>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Parts Washers
From: "Randall" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:04:36 -0700
> Aren't there some good cleaning agents that are
> water-soluble.  Agitene or Super Agitene sticks in my mind.

There are water-based solutions available, though as David said, Agitene and
Super Agitene are not among them.

How "good" they are is a different question.  From what I've heard, they
don't work as well in conventional parts washers as the solvent-based stuff
does.  But supposedly, the fancier washers can more than make up for the
lack of solvent power, with heated high pressure jets and/or ultrasonic

My plan is/was to replace the pump in the el cheapo washer, so I could use
solvent again.  But it got displaced by the hydraulic press, so at the
moment it's growing daisies in the backyard.

Shop-talk mailing list