Re: [Shop-talk] Parts Washers

To: Karl Vacek <KVacek@Ameritech.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Parts Washers
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:53:11 +0000
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
> Amazingly, that's also the solution to removing pinstriping and lettering
> from modern automotive finishes.  When we bought our '93 Suburban, the
> original owners had had their names lettered onto the doors, right below the
> windows and on the back doors too (yeah, I know, and this is Chicago
> too...).
>
> I stopped by my favorite body guy to see if there was any hope of cheaply
> removing their 'customization', and he told me "just use spray Easy-Off.
> He's not the type to pull that nasty of a joke, so I tried it and sure
> enough it worked like a charm.

You bet.  Guy I used to know had a shop.  Customer wanted the pinstripes off
his Jag sedan.  Steve used Easy-Off spray oven cleaner (get the original
variety, he told me) and it came right off.  He polished up the car and the
customer was very happy.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,