Re: [Shop-talk] harris welding torches and blue point jack?

To: Matt Wehland <mattw@webtripper.com>,shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] harris welding torches and blue point jack?
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 17:33:58 -0800
>You also said you'd be moving them in your car, decide which way you want the
>tank to exit should the neck get damaged in an accident.  Also tie the tanks
>down as good as possible, they are heavy suckers and can do some real damage
>in a panic stop.
>
>Matt Wehland

I've always been under the impression that it isn't a good idea to lay
tanks down
for transit.  I've never been refused service when exchanging, but I've
been offered
safety tips from time to time.

If you're serious about safety, shouldn't your tanks always be
vertical?  Valves don't
get knocked off and there's something about using acetylene after the tank
has been
on it's side.