Re: [Shop-talk] Aligning round tubing for mitering?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Aligning round tubing for mitering?
From: Obaa <obaa996@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 15:25:39 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the suggestions!
I'm stuck using round tubing only because the current mounting brackets that
the rack will attach to require 5/8" round tubing.  Since the minimum purchase
was 12', I figure I might as well make the rest of the rack out of that size
tubing...
I was looking for something similar to the clamps, but those blocks are too
much $$$ for this project (the rack is to hold a bookbag onto a scooter).  I'm
going to try simply tacking a small strip to the tubing such that it doesn't
roll.  I'll then be able to make all the cuts relative to the plate.
The tubing is small enough that I should be able to get away with just using a
large drill bit and press to notch the tubing.

Thanks!