[Shop-talk] Tabbed axle washers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Tabbed axle washers
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:47:20 -0500
I need to find thinner keyed front axle washers for Jill's Midget.  The
originals are about .093" or 3/32".

If it's not clear what I'm looking for, I mean the washers with a tab on the
ID to key into the keyway in the front stub axle, and keep the bearing cone
from applying turning force to the nut.

I've tried lots of the best FLAPS around here - hardly any places have the
old orange Dorman drawers any more, and the few that do don't keep them
stocked.  Everyone is going to the model of AutoZone, AAP, Pimp Boys, etc.,
and mostly rely on the (Dorman) self-serve "HELP"-brand racks with a
smattering of sometimes useful parts in blister packs.

I've also tried the bearing houses, and specialty fastener houses.  Nobody
carries them at all.

MMC doesn't seem to carry them either.

Anyone even know what they're officially called ?  I don't remember and
can't find any reference beyond "washer" in parts manuals.

Thanks!
Karl