Re: [Shop-talk] Dangerous tool gloat

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Dangerous tool gloat
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 13:28:05 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Doug Braun wrote:
> Gawd... I HATE Mythbusters.  Except for Kari who is
> an AMAZING babe  :)
>   They use NO scientific method and NO reference to
> previously determined stuff.  It's entirely [sloppy] empirical
> by two guys who have no real engineering or scientific credentials.
> OK.... it's a DAMN TV SHOW.  It's entertainment, not a documentary.
> But it still annoys me!

    For varying degrees of entertainment, look up the Mythbusters fan
forum.  These people are so stupid it's frightening, but fortunately all
they do is watch TV and worship the all-knowing Mythbusters team.  I went
on there one time, after watching a particularly bad show, and asked why
the show was so sloppy and obviously wrong so often.

    To sum up, they kicked me off for daring to question the almighties.

    This despite my biggest complaint being their failed attempt to
replicate a Dukes of Hazzard style car jump with a remote control car.
The MB morons (show and forum) concluded that it was impossible.  They
liked it not one bit when I posted the Youtube video of Ken Block jumping
his Subaru 25' farther than their 'impossible' distance.

    To most people, that would call into question the amount of "Busting"
going on.

--
  David Hillman