[Shop-talk] Fw: an new one on me... plumbing

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Fw: an new one on me... plumbing
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 19:36:12 -0500
We have a standard three br/2 bath house with 4" pvc sewer plumbing... no
problems in 15 years... septic tank has been cleaned out three times in that
time (health dept rules for a bakery business in the house)

I'm redoing a bathroom (had to remove toilet) it's across the wall from the
laundry room.  I noticed while working in the bathroom that when  the washer
drained ...the suds from the washer came back up through the toilet
piping...cleaned up the mess and thought it was just cause the pipe was
open.

later after reinstalling the toilet...when the washer drains I get heavy
bubbling in both toilets now... never seen that before...  both toilets seem
to flush well and no other problems with sinks in kitchen, baths or
bakery...

I'm brainstorming here (not a lot of thunder and lightening in that storm)
and wonder if it might be a vent problem ???  or an obstruction in drain
pipe ???   washer never overflows or caused any problem before...

watyallthink ???

thanks
John

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.