[Shop-talk] garage expansion project

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] garage expansion project
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:15:04 -0400
The planets are aligning themselves and I expect to soon have the
funds to begin a garage expansion project. I have had spousal approval
(more like encouragement and sorry - her sisters are married) for
quite some time.

My plan is to double the garage from ~ 22'w X 22'd (laughingly called
a "double garage") with an attic full of trusses accessible by pull
down stairs to 44'w X 22'd with a room above for hobby use (model
railroading). The 44' wall will be the entrance wall with garage
doors.

I will likely add a four-post lift. Does the garage floor need extra
reinforcement?

I am thinking of adding an area for an air compressor & probably a
dust collector. Is it likely those two should not co-habit?

Any other advice appreciated. Things you are glad you did or wish you
did.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC
http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell