Re: [Shop-talk] garage expansion project

To: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>, shop-talk
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] garage expansion project
From: "Larry Spector" <lspector@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 07:22:47 -0400
Congrats! I went through this ~5 years ago, and couldn't be happier with the
finished garage.

The garage floor does have some minimum requirements for the concrete.
According to Bend-Pack, the concrete should be 4" minimum 3000psi for a 4
post lift: http://www.bendpak.com/tech-stuff/

Depending on the brand/model you go with, you may need 220VAC to power the
lift as well as air to release the locks when lowering it.

One thing I did in the construction phase was pull the specs for the lift I
wanted, and lay it out in the empty space. It helped me decide where to put
windows without having the columns block them. You'll also need to consider
the column height when you install your garage door and opener.

-Larry