Re: [Shop-talk] Whining time, Team.Net updates

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Whining time, Team.Net updates
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 17:41:48 -0600
> Just curious, what does a server-grade hard drive cost these days?  Consumer
> grade drives have gotten incredibly cheap (recently bought 1.5 Terabytes for
> about $150), but good server equipment has always been more expensive.

One company that I dealt with while at the U of U has just about what I
want for
around $1300 - $1500 depending on which bells and whistles.  Gee, it has
been over
4 years since I worked at the U, they probably wouldn't recognize me
with the beard
now.  And I wonder how long it would take someone at the U to wonder who
charged
a new server to their account  ;-)
> If I might make a suggestion; you could perhaps change the link at
> http://www.team.net/tn-mail.html
> which says "Team.Net Mailing List Manager" but points to majordomo.

Yes, I *really* need to update all the Team.Net web pages.  Yep,
RealSoonNow.

mjb.