Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Pedal Brouhaha

To: 'Team shop-talk' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Pedal Brouhaha
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 08:54:27 +0430
David asks...

>    Stomp the brakes, pull over, and don't release 'em until you get the
>motor shut off or out of gear.  Why doesn't this work?

David, that is what happens in the 1000s of cases where people aren't
dying.  If you notice, most of the fatalities left no time for that. (they
guy that was in a parking lot and his car launched over the cliff.)

Wow, I can't believe all this is turning into quite a cover up as Toyota
sales were increasing.  Actually now I hope someone can connect the dots
and find an actually cover-up in Toyota.  The 1000s of affected people
deserve no less than that.

Moose
Waldo Emerson