Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Pedal Brouhaha

To: Team shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Toyota Pedal Brouhaha
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:11:03 +0430
John states...

>The last Japanese car we owned was a '92 Infiniti Q45 (the best of cars
>and the worst of cars) and prior to that an '88 Celica (at 120K mi
>something - a window switch - finally broke.)

And so the pissing match as begun!  8>)

Seriously, I don't consider a passenger car going 120,k miles that great.

I have a 2001 Ford Explorer.  It has over 158,k miles on it.  I'm still
waiting for the first repair.  In that time, its...

been in a hail storm.
rear ended once.
Hit by a drunk driver (interestingly, it was hit just after it was rear
ended (about a month.)  I hadn't fixed the bumper yet and the drunk driver
hit me in the rear quarter panel.)
Has a snow plow on front of it.
Tows trailers, boats, cars, etc (and I'm not good enough at *math* to make
sure I'm always under it's tow capacity.)
Been in multiple "disaster" scenarios for our preparedness drills.  I had
it decked out as a police truck and it did a bit of "rough" duty.
Been off road LOTS of times
Is a primary driver
Been in lots of snow storms
Driven from NJ to AZ down the Baja Peninsula and back.
Sat for over a year while I was in Iraq.
Is currently sitting now.

The only things I've worked on was regular wear items.  Other than that,
this truck has been great!

Moose
Waldo Emerson