Re: [Shop-talk] Brake system bleeders

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brake system bleeders
From: "Mullen, Tim (IS)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 12:03:04 -0500
Two things about brake bleeding.  When I was talking about the bleeder
not being at the "top" I was referring to the case where the slave is
mounted such that it points slightly "up" at an angle.  The bleeder can
be at the top of the rear of the slave, but if the slave is mounted so
that it points "up", there can be air trapped "above" the level of the
bleeder.  Usually jacking the car on one end or the other can cure this.
But I did have the one where the bleeder was cocked over to the side and
the slave had to be removed to orient it so that the bleeder was the
"high" spot.

As for pressure bleeding caps, that is one advantage of the EZ-Bleeder
for use with Little British cars.  It comes with caps made to screw onto
the Girling master cylinders.

Motive is supposed to have a readymade cap too...

Tim Mullen

Chantilly, VA

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96