Re: [Shop-talk] My equivalent of a nuclear meltdown.....

To: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>, "'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] My equivalent of a nuclear meltdown.....
From: "Aric" <shop@shariconglobal.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:32:49 -0400
Could be.  Unfortunately I can't remember where I found the regulation, but
it's definitely the case here (just outside Philadelphia, PA).  Reason I
know this is that my wife and I spent several weeks disagreeing as to how to
handle the gophers living under our porch and finding the regulation is what
settled the matter (and made my life much easier).

-aric.

> I wonder if some places are exactly the opposite.  On an
> episode of "Dirty Jobs" they were catching various animals
> that were going under peoples' houses.  Every one of them
> they basically took across the street and let go, but they
> did try to patch the holes under the house where the animals
> were getting in.  IIRC this was somewhere in California,
> which sounds about right for them.
>

> > If you care about such things you may want to look into what your
> > local laws are regarding catch&release.  Around here it's very much
> > illegal to do so with skunks/gophers/opossums/etc as
> they're rabies vectors.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive