[Shop-talk] My equivalent of a nuclear meltdown.....

Subject: [Shop-talk] My equivalent of a nuclear meltdown.....
From: pj_thomas at comcast.net (Peter J. Thomas)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:24:47 -0400
On 3/20/2011 1:27 PM, Bob Jeffers wrote:
> When you set the trap cover the whole trap except for the opening with
> a blanket and if you catch Peppy just carefully cover the end with a
> cloth and gently carry it away and properly dispose of said catch.  NO
> FOUL NO STINK

I think Bob is correct.  I saw an episode of MythBusters where they were
testing skunk remedies.  Jamie and Adam were deliberately trying to get
skunked.  The skunks were provided by a pest removal in live traps.
Three skunks failed to cooperate and they had to resort to bottle
skunk.  The handler protected himself by just covering the cage trap.

I'd set the trap out covered and fold over the part covering the
entrance so you could just fold it back over later.  Even if the skunk
fired the cover would take the hit.  I'd also were old clothes may even
a painters Tyvek suit.

Peter T.