[Shop-talk] shopsmith

Subject: [Shop-talk] shopsmith
From: mikey at b2systems.com (Mike Rambour)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:20:02 -0700
  Ok, that is true there was one model (2 by your definition) prior to
the Mark V and I assume there was a Mark I, II, III, IV before the V but
I can't tell the difference between them if there even was those models,
all you ever see for sale is the "one model" that they have made for the
longest time, their early model is awfully rare nowdays.  I had a friend
who had a 10E, he got rid of it after he saw my Mark V.  They made the
"one model" from the mid-50's to 90's and the changes over decades were
minor (in my opinion, I am sure they thought the changes were life
changing or at least marketing implied that).

OK, I just went on the web and their own website says "An American
Classic since 1953" and they are up to the Mark VII, I also see they
still sell the things (I was pretty sure they went under in the 90s)

  So I stand corrected on my "one model" comment, yet the Mark VII looks
exactly the same as my 30+ year old Mark V so I also stand "correct" on
my "one model" comment :)  :)  :)

     mike