Re: [Shop-talk] nicad battery replacement

To: "'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] nicad battery replacement
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 13:41:21 -0700
Gee, John, if you dislike their tools so much, why do you keep buying them?

FWIW, I agree with you, but I haven't bought a power tool at Sears since I
was in high school.

The extra 1.2v shouldn't hurt anything, assuming the batteries will
physically interchange (really?) and you use the 19.2 volt charger.

FWIW, chances are that only 1 or 2 cells are bad out of the 12 in your old
battery pack.  If you don't want to try changing them yourself, there are
companies around that will rebuild the pack for a lot less than the cost of
new.

-- Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96