Re: [Shop-talk] nicad battery replacement

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] nicad battery replacement
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 12:30:30 -0400
I never register any product that I buy.  Strictly speaking I'm not sure that
registration is legally required if a person really wanted to fight it.

For a corded drill I would probably buy a DeWalt.

> Ridgid has a lifetime battery warranty..... if you register the
> product with them within the first 90 days of ownership. I didn't
> notice that detail when I bought mine, unfortunately.
>
> I'm in the same boat with many of you, with a circa 1999 Craftsman
> 14.4V cordless drill and two batteries which don't go for long.
> Rebuilt the packs summer 2006, and they need it again. Also have the
> aforementioned Ridgid power screwdriver (9.6V) with two flat packs.
> Rebuilding the packs again is at least $50/ea if I have Batteries Plus
> do the work - but I can go to HF and buy a pack AND drill for under
> $30.
>
> I need to get a corded drill anyway - is there a particular one any of
> you recommend? I'd like the ability to hammer (with or without
> rotation) as well as some reasonable torque...

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums