Re: [Shop-talk] Modular wall-mount storage rails?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Modular wall-mount storage rails?
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 10:52:59 -0400
I looked at a bunch of them and I can't justify the expense to get sucked
into having to buy their storage systems.

If you want your garage to look nice, they can't be beat.

But, if you are more concerned about functionality and maximizing the
storage space available, these are a waste.

I have found that custom built is much better.  Get some cheap shelves
from places going out of business, then keep 'upgrading.'

Besides, how often do you need to move a storage rack or cabinet once you
put it in place?  Seems like attaching it directly to the wall is the best
bet.

Just my $0.02

Moose
Waldo Emerson

Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
05/05/2011 08:41

shop-talk@autox.team.net
cc

Subject

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 04:39:10PM -0400, David Hillman wrote:
>    I'm trying to make better use of the limited space in my 'shop', aka
2.5
> car garage.  There's a bunch of mismatched shelves and whatnot, many
that I
> inherited from the previous owners.  I'm thinking about some wall-mount
> storage rails.  There are several different brands/models... Craftsman
has
> VersaTrack, Rubbermaid sells FastTrack, there's FreedomRail, HoleyRail,
> Easy Track, FlowWall, and probably a dozen more I don't know about.

While we're on the subject, I'd be keen to see some photos of people's
shop organization/shelving layouts.  I'm looking to replace my
standard&bracket
system with something that doesn't waste as much wallspace...

JM