Re: [Shop-talk] Removing Vinyl

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Removing Vinyl
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 21:02:13 -0500
On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 4:30 PM, John T. Blair <jblair1948@cox.net> wrote:
> At 04:04 PM 5/7/2011, David wrote:
>
>>Heat gun and plastic bladed scraper are standard industrial methods.
>
> David,
>
> Wow, B I'm supprised. B But maybe I just don't move the heat gun fast
enough.
> Although I must admitt, that when I usually use a heat gun, I am trying to
> remove the paint.

I meant to send this to the list, and not just John.

You need to heat the glue enough it softens, but way less than
bubbling paint.  It takes some practice, but there's a fair amount of
leeway.  It's better to use a little too little heat, whcih will leave
goo on the surface.  The 3M adhesive remover should take that right
off.  If the graphics have been there a while, ti's harder, because
the graphics tend to crumble.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com