Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 08:06:37 -0400
A few months ago I was getting new tires installed on my car, and a
overheard an interesting bit of dialogue.  One of the mechanics
mentioned to the owner that a floor jack was not working properly.  He
said:  "Try adding some jack oil, and if that doesn't work, we'll send
it to the auction."

The point of course is that when a professional sells tools, it is
because they no longer have a use for them.  This may be because they
are retiring, going out of business, etc., but it is just as likely
that the tool is worn-out, broken, or was just not very good in the
first place...

Doug

>> It seems that I see recommendations for used equipment often.  It was
>> built better, it will cost less, etc.  I don't know how you guys manage
>> this.  My lifestyle does not include weekends dominated by garage sales
and
>> flea markets.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96