Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 11:47:54 -0400
I always wonder what the story is behind the ebay new
merchandise.  Is it stolen?  Is it old?  Are these really returns or
out-of-date models?  I'm sure there are legitimate good deals, but
often the savings don't seem worth it.  When my $200 purchase stops
working in two weeks, I'd rather be dealing with a known company than
TonyABC123.

-Steve

At 11:01 AM 5/12/2011, bjshov8@tx.rr.com wrote:
>I think it depends on your area.  In my area the work market is very
>depressed so people are anxious to sell things and nobody has money
>to buy, so prices are low.  In an area where everybody is working
>and has a lot of money, the prices will be higher.
>
>Ebay evens things out a bit because things for sale there are viewed
>by people across the whole country.  But even at that you can find
>slight deals there.  For instance I had looked into buying a DeWalt
>sliding miter saw.  I found the best price at all stores in my area,
>then searched ebay.  There were new ones available from retail
>sellers and even with shipping I could have saved some money.  There
>were occasional new ones for sale by individuals for a little less,
>but you would have had to watch for awhile for one of these deals to pop up.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums