[Shop-talk] HIGH pressure compressed air?

Subject: [Shop-talk] HIGH pressure compressed air?
From: TR3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 21:26:30 -0700
It is a 'normal' compressor, more or less, except more stages rather than
the usual one or two.  ISTR the ones I've seen on seismic survey ships run 5
or 6 stages.

Google for "paint ball compressor" and you'll find lots of commercially
available setups.  But maybe when you see the price, you'll decide that
buying pre-filled cylinders is better.

The web site I found talks about 5000 psi being customary for paint ball
(3000 is scuba), so that may explain why you had to refill so many times.

-- Randall