FW: Hello list!

To: spridgets
Subject: FW: Hello list!
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 10:25:46 -0600 (MDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
[BOUNCE spridgets@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from ["Editors,
Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>]]

     Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 08:27:39 -0400
     From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
     Subject: Hello list!

I'm just joining this new list. My name is Jeff Boatright, I have a '65
Sprite that has a 1275 engine but is otherwise stock. It's a daily driver,
not in great shape, but fairly safe and pretty quick. I've just completed a
master cylinder rebuild. This and refurbishing the wire wheels have been
about the only work the car has needed since I bought it in May. Email me
if you're contemplating either operation, I'll be happy to pass along what
I learned.

Last night was the first time I got caught in the rain without the top up.
I was returning from the monthly meeting of the local AH club (23 miles one
way). Surprisingly, as long as I was able to keep the speed up, I did not
get that wet. Stopping at lights was a real pain. The other chapter members
probably think I'm crazy for driving around with the top sitting in the
garage, but hey, I'm a forgetful guy.

Does anyone have suggestions for a "cool" looking cap that also keeps ears
warm? My wife says that she will let all of the air out of my tires if I
even attempt to wear my neoprene biking headband/ear warmer while in the
Sprite. (I look just too stupid -- ok, even more stupid than usual).

Looking forward to conversing with you,

Jeff

Jeff Boatright             __o_\__         '65 Sprite Mk III
http://userwww.service.emory.edu/~jboatri/sprite/sprite.html