FW: oil leaks

To: spridgets
Subject: FW: oil leaks
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 10:26:45 -0600 (MDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
[BOUNCE spridgets@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from [Nory@webtv.net
(Nory)]]

     Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 09:12:56 -0400
     From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
     Subject: oil leaks

OK, there's nothing on the Spridgets list yet.  I assume because nobody
has started a thread yet, so I have decided to go first:

Is there any way to, at least temporarily fix the obligatory Spridget
oil leaks without pulling the engine?  I'm guessing I'd have to pull the
engine and replace all the gaskets/seals.  But, if I do that, I'll end
up rebuilding, detailing, etc (all the "while I'm at it"s) - Something I
don't really have time for and the car will be laid up for 6 months.
Anybody have any easy tips that might work (smearing silicone all over,
maybe?)?

-NORY