Aftermarket oil pressure gauges - anybody know?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Aftermarket oil pressure gauges - anybody know?
From: mumsy <mumford@rpi.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 13:38:22 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'm putting an oil pressure gauge on my '79 once I get a block rebuilt
for it and was going to take out the old temp gauge and replace it with
a dual temp/oil gauge out of my '76 that I am parting out.

My question is: has anybody had any experience with aftermarket oil
gauges?  The reason I ask is that I'm hesitant to tear my dash apart to
replace a gauge becuase I know I'm going to be itching to drive the car
once the engine is in place, but I am going to want the security of an
oil gauge rather than the dummy light that comes stock.

Information on gauge brands and mounting locations might be nice to have
if anyone out there can provide this information.  Thanks!

eric
--
            Eric C. Mumford <=> mumford@rpi.edu
http://travolta.stu.rpi.edu -or- http://www.rpi.edu/~mumford