Re: Aftermarket oil pressure gauges - anybody know?

To: mumsy <mumford@rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Aftermarket oil pressure gauges - anybody know?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 20:37:03 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
mumsy wrote:

> I'm putting an oil pressure gauge on my '79 once I get a block rebuilt
> for it and was going to take out the old temp gauge and replace it with
> a dual temp/oil gauge out of my '76 that I am parting out.
>
> My question is: has anybody had any experience with aftermarket oil
> gauges?  The reason I ask is that I'm hesitant to tear my dash apart to
> replace a gauge becuase I know I'm going to be itching to drive the car
> once the engine is in place, but I am going to want the security of an
> oil gauge rather than the dummy light that comes stock.
>
> Information on gauge brands and mounting locations might be nice to have
> if anyone out there can provide this information.  Thanks!
>
> eric
Most brand name oil gauges are fine except for the plastic tube that
comes with it.
Replace the plastic oil pipe with a copper pipe and you will drive
easier.
I had a plastic pipe melt when a Lucas wiring problem occered out in the
middle of nowhere. All my oil ended up on my feet.

Good luck

--
Frank A Clarici 3rd
Too many LBCs