RE: Rear Suspension

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Rear Suspension
From: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 97 16:36:45 UT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Mike

You Midget is different in that it has half elliptical springs vice the 1/4
that the Bugeye has. Some of your problems may be the same but not all.  For
example I had to drill out the locating holes in the springs in order to get
the bolts to go through without pounding.  The way the leafs are stacked on
the Bugeye it makes it very hard to get the hole in every leaf to line up.
You should not have this problem with the Midget.  One other problem was with
the Spax brackets.  Instructions said to use two of the three original bolts (
the two long ones that go all the way through the radius arm bracket) and to
replace the third with one provided in the kit. The replacement was way bigger
than the original. It would have required drilling the car and the radius
bracket and since they were already installed on the car I decided to stick
with the original bolt.  Other than that, the only problem that I had was
trying to compress the springs to install the shock.  I suspect that due to
the difference in length the Midget spring will be easier to compress.

Larry