Re: Rear Suspension

To: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rear Suspension
From: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 12:42:16 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Larry,

Which shock kit did you use?

I used the Mini Mania 1/4 elliptic kit. It had 4 bolts; the two original
shock mount bolts, the orignal forward radius arm locating bolt and an
additional bolt that required drilling through the shock mounting plate up
near the top. The only problem I had was figuring out the exact place to
drill.(unless you consider drillling itself to be a problem.)  The radius
arm bracket prevents using the Spax bracket as a template on the outboard
side of the car, and you can't get a drill motor up underneath in the right
spot from the inside. This bolt is the attachment for the shock itself. I
think it's up so high so that the shock can be as vertical as possible. My
shocks are not out at full rebound, but I didn't replace my springs,
although they're probably going to make my list of things I'd like to do.

The only quarter-elliptic cars I've seen that had new springs (that I know
of) stood unusually "tall in the tail." The owners told me they expected
them to settle down a bit. One guy had bags of sand in the passsenger side
boot, he said so it would settle evenly.

As there are several kits out there, can we hear from listers who have
installed tube shocks, and their experience with them, so others
considering it can benefit.?

Phil Vanner
> From: Larry G. Miller <millerls@classic.msn.com>
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: RE: Rear Suspension
> Date: Wednesday, October 22, 1997 11:36 AM
>
> Mike
>
> You Midget is different in that it has half elliptical springs vice the
1/4
> that the Bugeye has. Some of your problems may be the same but not all.
For