re:sleeved cylinders

To: Janet and Steve <jkmtsh@crosslink.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re:sleeved cylinders
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 18:55:47 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Steve,

I called them and they wanted $225 to resleeve, sand-blast, and rebuild. I
think they also cermaic paint. I blew them off thinking that they were way
out of line (Apple wants 135 for resleeving and rebuilding). The guy on the
other end of the line never said anything about simply resleeving for %0
per sleeve. That's much more in line with what I need done and somewhat
closer to what I'm willing to pay.

Thanks for the note,

Jeff

>Hi All,
>I have had two Sprite brake-clutch-combo master cylinders,
>a BJ8 clutch master and slave cylinder resleeved in brass
>by White Post in Va.. I installed new kits when they were returned and all
>work like new.  I think the disk brake Bugeye
>has the firmest brake pedal I have ever had in a Sprite. They
>are currently charging $50 per sleeve and $8 shipping. The
>turn-around is 1 day. They come back looking like new. Two years ago at
>British Car day here in Md. I talked to their rep and he thought they
>would have no trouble  sleeving a 7/8 bore down to 3/4.
>No financial interest in White Post, just a satisfied customer.
>Steve

Jeff Boatright
Editor-in-Chief, Molecular Vision
http://www.emory.edu/molvis