RE: Top down driving

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Top down driving
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 08:59:14 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>When I was 16 and had my first Midget (a '75) I used to cruise around
>town in January in 15-20 degrees (F...not C!) with the top down and the
>heater going full blast.  Talk about stares!  But that was so much fun!
>I have to keep remembering all those good times to keep me motivated on
>my latest ground-up project, that seems like it will take the rest of my
>life!
>
>adrian

Sheesh, and people think I'm nuts!  Oh wait, you were 16, that explains it.
 Everybody is plain stupid bonkers at 16.  Then again, when I brought my
Midget home, I had to drive about 5 hours on the freeway at 60-65 MPH, top
down, with an air temperature of around 25-30 F.  It was great!!  Not only
did I get the stares and the double takes (and the memories), but I got the
"My poor darling!" treatment from my wife, as only she can do it.  ;^)

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net