Re: Spark

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spark
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 01:59:30 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Nory wrote:

> Larry,
> I can only help with your last question.  I'm guessing your resistor is
> there for the same reason mine is:  the car's resistance wire
> failed/burned up/shorted out/etc......  We had a thread on the MGs list
> on this not too long ago and some other listers had the resistor too and
> wondered about it.  It's actually a Chrysler part, but it works.  My car
> was burning up coils like crazy until I put it in (thanks to my local
> club's tech advisor).  Never a problem since.

  Whoops, I feel like I am coming into this in the middle.

  BUT...

  Some Midgets (like mine) had both types of resistors. The ballast
resistor is the usual hidden-in-the-harness type. There is also a
ceramic resistor under the brake box that is the EID distributor
resistor wire.

  If this is in any way relevant to the mystery original post, I
can give more details.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada