1275 Water Pump Leaks

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1275 Water Pump Leaks
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 07:47:10 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello Fellow Spridgeteers:

I recently replaced a cast iron water pump with a new one from Moss that
was aluminum.  I has been fine for a couple of months but now is leaking
where it mates to the block.  It could be a gasket failure (my fault)
but I wonder what experiences others have had with this newer pump.  Are
there any special precautions I should have observed when I installed
the new one?  I am going to take it back off and check it out, should I
use a silicone gasket sealant or just put a new gasket on and try it?
What about torque settings with the aluminum vs. the iron casting?

Thanks for all your assistance;

Mark
70 Midget
Nashville