RE: Distributors

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Distributors
From: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 97 16:32:16 UT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Trevor

The distributor in question is the Aldon Yellow.  Its centrifugal advance so
does not have the vacuum advance attachment and the cap is a top exit vice the
standard Bugeye side exit.  Don't remember if it had a micrometer adjustment
wheel. I only had it for a short time (got it from UPS, put it in the car,
drove a mile and died, took it out, took it to UPS and sent it back) but it
will rotate a full 360.  You are right if it has the micrometer adjustment it
should be somewhere that you can get to it. I'll check for that when I get the
new one back. I guess another consideration would be where the cap clips end
up and where the low tension lead will be.  I was mainly interested in whether
or not  the orientation made any difference.

Larry