oscillating speedometer, brake hub problem

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: oscillating speedometer, brake hub problem
From: Willy Briones <Wilfredo.Briones@Ebay.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 13:32:22 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
any ideas please -

1.   as soon as I hit 60 mph - the needle on my speedometer gauge
        starts to move across the dial on a span of 10-20 mph --
        replaced the cable, tried another speedometer - but still
        the same problem - hate to take down the tranny just for
        this but also hate not knowing what my speed is especially
        past 65

2.   replaced the rear drum brakes on a '60 BugEye with drum brake
        assembly from a '74 Spridget using the same '60 axle - found
        that the they do not fit right - the hub rubs against the
        brake piston rubber seals - had to cut an old bearing
        and put a spacer (about 1/8" thick) before the bearing -
        has anyone experienced this?

Willy -