The Toyota 5-speed kit

To: "Sprite list" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The Toyota 5-speed kit
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 16:34:15 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
A couple of us were talking about 5-speed conversion last Saturday at the
NTAHC tech session after we noticed that Mini Mania had listed the Datsun
kit at two different prices on two different pages in the latest flyer.
(save $50 by referring to page 12 instead of page 5).

While we were talking, I asked if anyone had ever seen the Toyota kit for
sale domestically.  Seems that I was the only one that had even heard of the
Toyota kit.  Is this kit only available from GB and Australia (where I think
it originates)?   Anybody in the group ever installed this kit?

I know that the installation of this kit is supposed to be more difficult,
and the cost is higher.  But just I wanted to know to satisfy my own
curiosity.  The ONLY advantage that I can think of is that Toyota
transmissions are probably more plentiful.

Thanks

Patton

Patton Dickson            67 Austin-Healey Sprite                 Dallas, TX
See My Austin-Healey Sprite Page
www.geocities.com\TheTropics\Shores\1256\page2.html