Re: Need Advice (kinda long)

To: robert weeks <robert@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Need Advice (kinda long)
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 10:38:37 -0600
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Robert,

Sad truth, expensive lesson in life. I've found that I'm better off
educating myself and doing the job myself rather than pay some
"professional". Not only automotive, but carpentry, concrete, roofing,
electrical... you name it. I've been playing around with cars for 27
years now.... owned at least 400 cars. Used to buy and sell 2-3 a week
in my youth. In that time. I've met maybe 5 mechanics that were really
good... intuitive, rational, methodical, thorough.

For the money you've spent, you can buy a whole lot of nice tools, rent
the ones you don't want to buy, learn how to do the job, and be
satisfied with the results.

I wish it weren't this way... but sadly, it is.

WST
Team Thicko