Re: Positive or Negative Ground, pro's con's & Radio

To: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Positive or Negative Ground, pro's con's & Radio
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 19:47:38 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Fred Krampits wrote:

> My 1963 Midget MK I is all original with the exception of a Moto Lita
> steering wheel. The car is still positive ground. I have a Radio that
> was previously installed in the car. It is a BMCD AM Radio, (I was told
> it works and assume it is positive ground) I notice this radio does not
> have a speaker is it built in? My dilema is this, do I try to get this
> radio installed or do I convert to negative ground and install a 22
> watt per channel JVC that I used to run in my BMW 320I. Are there any
> dangers in converting to negative ground? Does it make my car
> unoriginal? Is the radio I have a BMC radio? I don't mind AM only for
> the short driving I do.

Fred

JVC works for me. My father listened to AM! Although I do miss my 8track.
Negative Ground conversions are very easy, the tach is the worst part but
if you can solder, it is not a problem.

The BMC radio did have an external (remotely mounted) speaker (4inch round)

Also many BMC radios have a switch under them for either + or- grd.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites