HS2 Butterfly Screws

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: HS2 Butterfly Screws
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 22:36:17 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have been playing with a set of HS2's for my 1275.  One of Vizard's
suggestions to increase flow is to make the throttle shaft narrower
and file off the screws that protrude into the opening.  I am aware
that I don't want them coming loose and being sucked into the engine.
The screws are between a 4-40 and a 6-32.  Does anybody know what size
they really are?   I thought I might put new brass screws in the
narrowed shaft and then solder them in so they won't come loose.  Any
better ideas like lock tight or good old J B Weld?

Thanks, It's to cold here for a drive so I thought I would just take
the car apart.

Mark
70 Midget
Nashville