Re: re/tallest and heaviest

To: Rich.A.Wagner@mcdermott.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: re/tallest and heaviest
From: transerv@sprynet.com
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 06:46:26 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well, I'm STILL trying to close the deal on the 74 Midget....if it wasn't such
good deal I'd tell the guy to...

Anyway...on both my previous Midgets, I contemplated some serious bodywork to
get more room. (6' 250lbs)  I thought the rear parcel shelf could be cut about
3-4 inches, and boxed back into the floor with new sheet metal, maybe reinforce
the top and bottom wlith angle iron, or square tubing, and then relocate the
seat rails that much further back.

Add a replacement wheel with more dish and you'd (I'd) fit quite nicely.

Looking up from under the car, I could see no overwhelming reason this couldn't
be done...by a great welder and bodyman...not me personally.

Am I contemplating something that would make the car unsafe? unusable?
impossible?  perhaps too costly?

Never mind the purist out there, I'll save the sheet metal scraps so you can
put
it back to original when all good Spridgets go to heaven.

Robert Houston