Re: re/tallest and heaviest

To: transerv@sprynet.com
Subject: Re: re/tallest and heaviest
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:14:42 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The main strength in the car, from a torsion/twisting perspective, is a
combination of the sills, the transmission tunnel, and the way that those
are joined by the rear bulkhead.  The bulkhead is actually a built up wedge
shape with internal bracing that forms a load bearing beam across the rear
of the car.  I suspect that you'd severely limit the ability of the car to
absorb punishment like rough roads, but that it might take a year or two for
the results to begin to appear.

Why not just get an aftermarket thinner seat?  As I noted earlier, I have a
problem reaching the pedals in my racecar, where I have a shell type seat
mounted on the floor against the rear bulkhead.  And I'm 6' - 3" !

Brian.