Pertronix and Tachometer

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Pertronix and Tachometer
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 10:33:47 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The Midget (1275) now sports a new Pertronix Ignitor ignition module.
While I was installing the module I heard a part fall on the ground,
it was the connector from the White/Black wire that originally
attached to the spade on the distributor.  I wonder how long that
connection has been bad?  Anyhow, the car is running great now with
the new module.

I have noticed that the tachometer is  erratic, it bounces up and down
somewhat wildly.  I would assume that the new ignition module is
causing this fluctuation.  Has anybody else with the Pertronix noticed
this phenomenon?   And if so has anyone tried a capacitor from the
coil (+) to ground to try to "smooth" it out?

Mark
70 Midget
Nashville