Re: Eat your heart out!

To: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Eat your heart out!
From: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 14:52:14 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Patton...

I don't know anything other than the information reported in "Classic &
Sports Cars" monthly summary of auction sales.  I am not so sure it was
as much a case of "auction fever" as it was a case of the right car, the
right seller, the right buyer, and the right place all meeting at the
right time.  Classic car auctions in England typically attract serious
buyers who have serious money to buy the cars they want.  (In other
words, it ain't like me bidding stupid for art nouveaux crap.)  Neither,
perhaps, does C&SC price guide of $9,660 for a "show" Frogeye represent
anything more than an "approximate guess" when every issue contains ads
for lesser cars for five figures. Of course the most important factor in
the price differential between the U.S. and the U.K. is that the classic
car hobby is BIG over there, and competition raises the stakes.

But regardless of their "value", one owns a Frogeye or ANY British
classic not because of "value", but because of the love and appreciation
one has for them.

Bob