Re: More Christmas list

To: "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: More Christmas list
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:08:28 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> I've not had the Sprite long enough to do a tune-up.
Jeff,
What, you bought it earlier today? ;-)

2 cents:
On the affordable side, tach and dwell meter are always useful (plus mine's
a Heathkit upon which my dad taught me how to solder during the Nixon era).
 My carbs were way out of whack after I found some internals hosed after my
maiden voyage home with my car, and the Gunson Color Tune was handy
(although after awhile you can get the mixture right by the "lift the
piston" test that for me has proven more sparkplug-friendly than the
C'tune, although not as visually cool).  Unisyn has been useful (get it or
order it at your local store - Edelbrock makes them and save $10 over VB
and the Evil Moss Empire).  I also like my SU jet wrench and .016 feeler
gage (for static point setting in a pinch w/out dwell meter handy) because
they look really cool hanging on my key chain.  If your garage is lacking
one, I've found having the biggest vise you can fit on your bench to be
invaluable.  Also, for my "in the car" sockets, a set with a shadowbox case
is great 'cause you can see what's missing.

Ron Soave