Re: 3 point belts

To: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Subject: Re: 3 point belts
From: "Daryl May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 08:23:24 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ron:

I had the same question for the same BugEye model.  But for some reason, I
refuse to pay real money for seat belts, and so I hit the junkyards
instead.

Orientation is vital for the inertia reel side, and to fasten to the wheel
arch top, you either need a horizontal inertia reel (belt comes out
horizontally), or a vertical one and then you build a strong bracket. I was
searching for both, and I think I would have found what I needed in the
end.  But instead I went for some nice used VW Squareback NON-inertia belts
for about $12 for the pair.  Clearly clean, and never been in an accident.

I'd rather spend the bucks on something I can't replace from a junkyard
(internal engine parts, brake expendables, etc).

Daryl