Re: 3 point belts

To: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 3 point belts
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 11:17:36 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
MOss sells a non innertial 3 point belt which was a snap to install in my
Mk1 Midget.  Goth them 'cause I have a real dish of a blonde haired blue
eyed co- pilot with me, a wee bit younger than the car though.. all of 8.
The were about $40 apeice as I recall.

I'm not comfortable using a junkyard part for safety related items, seat
belts do degrade with age and wear, and while they are over engineered, I
figure that 80 bucks is a cheap price to pay for peace of mind. YMMV.

oh yeah... she's decided that it's her car.

Greg

At 10:16 PM 12/5/97 -0500, Ron Soave wrote:
>Anyone installed 3 point retractable belts in a Bugeye?  The Evil Moss
>Empire shows a kit for $153.95 each.  Has anyone found a cheaper/better
>equivalent?  How about mounting points? I know inertia reels are sensitive
>to orientation for obvious reasons.  My little guy (age 5) has formed "Team
>Bugeye (no little brother allowed)", and he's in the car way too often to
>be in lap belts only.
>
>TIA,
>Ron Soave
>'61 Bugeye

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats