RE: Another distributor question

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Another distributor question
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 09:33:09 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dave -

Sounds like you've got two different variations on the dizzy used in the
1500.  The one with the big box on the side is the earlier version, the
other is (I think) the later version which has the amplifier unit mounted
remotely.  Do you have a finned aluminum box with a connector that mates to
the three wires coming from the distributor?  That's the amplifier portion.

Either unit works well, but the later version with the remote amp is more
reliable, and parts (including the complete amp unit) are still available.
 Either one makes a satisfactory base for installing an Ignitor or Crane
electronic ignition if the "native" electronics are fried.

Holler if I can help further.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net
'77 Midget (with the earlier dizzy, converted to Crane electronics)